- Bourbon biscuits are heavenly all by themselves- a brilliant tea time snack, or an anytime treat hunger pangs.
- Garnish your ice creams, frozen yoghurt, etc. with bourbon Biscuit.
- Crush Bourbon biscuits and use as a garnish for mousses, souffles, cheesecakes etc.
The Bourbon biscuit is a sandwich-style bread comprising of two slight rectangular dull chocolate–seasoned scones with a chocolate buttercream filling.
Bourbon biscuits are carefully baked (there is also an interesting fun fact about baking bourbon biscuits about which you will hear later) to a classic recipe with a smooth chocolatey filling.
Bourbons are some of the most popular biscuits which are frequently enjoyed across the pond. Despite their name, there is no alcohol involved. Bourbon Biscuits are simply chocolate sandwich biscuits with a chocolate cream filling.
- 110g of all purpose flour
- ½ tablespoonful of bicarbonate soda
- 50g of packed sugar – brown
- 20g of cocoa powder
- 50g of softened and unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoonful of golden syrup
- ¼ tablespoonful of salt
- 2 tablespoonfuls of milk
- 1 tablespoonful of golden castor sugar
- 50grams of softened unsalted butter
- 75grams of icing sugar
- 1tablesponful of cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoonful of the coffee essence